Ercole Barovier Diamantato vase for Barovier & Toso, Murano Italy, c.1968
Diamantato vase made of fused alternating murrine canes and rows of multi-coloured murrine. This series of elaborate execution was outstanding in the period that it was conceived. By the late 1960s, most Muranese factories simplified their products to reduce costs and to apply to the general demand for simple usefull design. The technical complexity of this series would generally be considered too costly to make a standard production profitable.
– 1968: Venice (IT), XXXIV. Biennale d’Arte. Model exhibited.
– 1989: Venice (IT) Ercole Barovier 1889-1974, vetraio Muranese.
– 1993: Venice (IT) L’arte dei Barovier, vetr di Murano 1866-1972.
– 2016: Munich (DE), Die Neue Sammlung, Murano Milano Venezia Glas. Model exhibited.
– XXXIV. Biennale di Venezia, exhibition catalog. Venice: 1968. Series listed. p.170 and ill. tav.193.
– Barovier M. L’arte dei Barovier, vetrai di Murano 1866-1972. Venice: 1993. Series ill. p.201, #175.
– Barovier M. Il Vetro di Murano alle Biennali 1895-1972. Milan: 1995. Model ill. p.100.
– Heiremans M. Murano Glass. Themes and Variations (1910-1970). Stuttgart: 2002. Series ill. p.41, #29.
– Murano Milano Venezia Glas, exhibition catalog. Munich: 2016. Model ill. p.248.